Speech Language Pathologist - SLP
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
PRN Rate: $60.00
Benefits of becoming a Therapist with us:
We strive to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- Continuing Education
- Student Loan Assistance
- Our daily productivity expectations are designed to support both quality care and efficiency.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation (BSWIR) is seeking a PRN speech pathologist based at our McKinney Lake Forest clinic. BSWIR Outpatient has an interdisciplinary team model working closely with physical therapy and occupational therapy. We are searching for candidates with experience in treating motor speech, adult language, cognitive-communication disorders, and dysphagia. We work as part of the continuum of care, striving to return patients to their premorbid level of functioning. Adult outpatient therapy consists of diagnostics and treatment of stroke, acquired brain injury, dysphagia, MS, Parkinson's disease, dementia and other medical complexities in an interdisciplinary setting. Experience with LSVT or SPEAK OUT! is preferred, but not required. Our outpatient speech therapy team includes experienced clinicians with specialties in a variety of areas, which serve as great mentors. Require at least 2-3 years of experience treating the adult neuro population.
- Evaluate assigned patients and establish appropriate treatment goals and programs.
- Coordinate treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services as available community resources.
- Develop comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language & Hearing Association or eligibility for Certification pending professional experience required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.