Speech Language Pathologist - SLP - (VOICE)
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity.
Salary Range: $71,760.00 - $101,400.00
Benefits of becoming a Therapist with us:
We strive to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- Continuing Education
- Student Loan Assistance
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation (BSWIR) is seeking a full-time speech pathologist experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of voice and upper airway disorders, including functional, organic, and neurological voice disorders as well as those secondary to head/neck cancer in an outpatient interdisciplinary department. This position is unique in that it is housed in the Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Sammons Cancer Center-Dallas location and will also participate in a multidiscipline laryngology clinic alongside fellowship-trained laryngologists. Potential for rotation within the Baylor Scott & White The Voice Center under the leadership of our Voice Medical Director, a fellowship-trained laryngologist, for instrumentals is part of this position as well as the responsibility for expanding the voice program throughout the community. Patients served will be primarily adults with voice, upper airway, and swallowing disorders. This position allows for continued leadership opportunities within the BSWIR voice community, which prides itself in its strong team of SLPs who practice in a variety of specialty areas.
- Assess patients with voice, upper airway and/or swallowing deficits as part of the treatment team with physicians and other providers.
- Establish need for therapeutic intervention and implement plan of care alongside other health professionals.
- Perform diagnostics which may include: acoustics, aerodynamics, videostroboscopy, and flexible endoscopic evaluations of swallowing (FEES).
- Participate in training and program development and represent the department to the medical and general community.
- Stay abreast of all new developments in voice and upper airway disorders by reading professional journals, communicating with other professionals in the field, and participation in local, state, and national clinical education.
- Demonstrate flexibility in schedule and approach to meet the patients’ and departmental operational needs.
- Work with the Voice Medical Director through clinical initiatives, grand rounds, and clinical collaboration.
- Perform treatment with individuals with Parkinson Disease with certification in either SPEAK OUT or LSVT.
- Present to local universities and train graduate level clinicians in our voice-specialized externship.
- Educate and train speech pathologists in the area of voice disorders.
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA
- Current SLP License from the State of Texas
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Three (3) or more years of experience in subspecialized voice, airway, resonance, and swallowing disorders in a medical setting. Ideal candidate has completed a Voice Fellowship.
- Completion of competencies in diagnostics which may include: videostroboscopy and flexible endoscopic evaluations of swallowing (FEES).
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.