Respiratory Therapist (RT) - PRN - $5,000 Sign on bonus
Rush Specialty Hospital
Crtiical Illness Recovery Hospital + Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (RRT & CRT)
Sign on bonus: $5,000
Hours: PRN / Per Diem - day and night shift opportunities available
Opening in April 2024, Select Medical and Rush University System for Health celebrate the new RUSH Specialty Hospital opening on Chicago's West Side. Together as partners, they will deliver a world-class acute to post-acute continuum of care for Chicago. The 100-bed facility combines both critical illness recovery and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals on the RUSH University Medical Center campus. The hospital features 44 critical illness recovery and 56 inpatient rehabilitation beds.
Why work for Rush Specialty Hospital? We are committed to your growth and success!
- Clinical Advancement Programs with bonus incentives
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Extensive and thorough orientation program
- Team oriented environment
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
At Select Medical’s Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals, you are taking care of the most vulnerable patients in your community. We care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We employ over 50,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient care experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
- Evaluating patient and recommending an appropriate treatment plan.
- Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions.
- Performing insertion and removal of endotracheal tubes.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
- Must possess "Active" CRT or RRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- Current state licensure is required.
- ACLS is required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RT must have ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire).
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- One (1) year of related experience is preferred.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.