Occupational Therapist or Certified Hand Therapist-Warrensburg MO
Select Physical Therapy has openings for an occupational therapists or CHT! Preferred, 1-4 years of experience, but new grads who have completed a rotation in hand therapy are encouraged to apply. We are looking for a dynamic occupational therapist that has experience with treating a hand/elbow case load and a desire to study for the CHT exam, if not already certified. You will have the opportunity to work directly alongside CHTs with the largest hand team in the Metro area. We offer a highly successful mentorship program for obtaining your CHT certification. You will be paired with a CHT mentor and will have access to such resources as an UE Journal Club and CHT Study Group. Already a CHT? Our hand therapists have free access to the Journals of Hand Therapy and Hand Surgery as well as many others. Select Medical’s Continuing Education Department is second-to-none and hosts an annual UE Symposium in addition to live courses, virtual Master Classes, and recorded instructional videos to suit every learning style. Select Medical’s Hand Therapy team has ASHT Board members and two former ASHT presidents in its ranks and is led by world renowned hand therapist Sue Blackmore. Apply today and learn more about the benefits of joining our team!
Looking for FT (32-40 hours/week) OR Part time (<32 hours/week)
Competitive salary and benefits including 401K and bonus program. Looking for therapists in our Independence, Lee’s Summit and Warrensburg locations—these sites offer autonomy with the support of a large company and fellow hand therapists.
We are the largest hand team in the Metro with focused on quality one on one care and strong mentorship.
Unique Job Opportunities:
- Nationally supported mentorship program therapists interested in pursuing their CHT credentials (available in most regions). Experienced therapist have the opportunity to become a mentor.
- Education dept: National UE symposium, National journal club, National CHT study group, free local CEU’s, webinar training programs, additional certification course available for UE COMT
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Hand therapy clinics are fully equipped and provide many treatment options
- Opportunity to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments and pre-employment testing,
Our Clinicians Enjoy:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, company paid certifications, study groups, journal clubs and more.
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plus Holidays
- Affordable PPO Benefits with tobacco free discounts
- Lucrative Salary with BONUS
- Much more!
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with more than 1700 locations in 38 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational or Physical Therapy.
- Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- MUST have previous,demonstrated marketing experience
- MUST have solid experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required.
- Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation
- Hand and splinting experience REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.