Occupational Therapist (OT) - Inpatient Rehabilitation
Rush Specialty Hospital
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital + Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
Occupational Therapist (OT) – Inpatient Rehabilitation
Pay: $53 per hour
Opening in April 2024, Select Medical and Rush University System for Health celebrate the new RUSH Specialty Hospital opening on Chicago's West Side. Together as partners, they will deliver a world-class acute to post-acute continuum of care for Chicago. The 100-bed facility combines both critical illness recovery and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals on the RUSH University Medical Center campus. The hospital features 44 critical illness recovery and 56 inpatient rehabilitation beds.
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package for Full-time employees(Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- Full-time employees are eligible for Loan Repayment Assistance (after their first 90 days)
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluate the patient's level of functioning and develop an individualized treatment plan aligned with patient and family goals
- Participate in discharge planning including placement, patient and family education, and adaptive equipment
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure (or eligibility for State licensure) required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.
At Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals, you will provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
We employ over 50,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 80,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.