Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Fort Worth, TX
Hours: Monday - Friday (8 AM-5 PM)
Salary range: $55,000-62,000
This on-site position will partner with the Senior HR Manager to provide HR support to employees and managers at our Southwest Fort Worth inpatient rehab hospital and other areas as needed. The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service as follows:
Engage and collaborate with new hires throughout the onboarding process to ensure a smooth, effective and timely start at work.
Build strong, trustful relationships with managers and staff by communicating timely, effectively and accurately on a consistent basis, address issues proactively, fairly and thoroughly to ensure a positive work environment, and follow through on requests so that workers have access to necessary information as needed.
Support the hospital's efforts by being actively involved and seeking process improvement opportunities related to safety, employee engagement, onboarding and retention, agency/contract services, and accreditations through Joint Commission and CARF.
Collaborate with and support HR teammates to foster a positive team culture and provide help where needed.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Full benefits package for Full-time employees (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and Long/Short Term Disability)
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition assistance and professional development
- Student loan repayment assistance
Under the direction of the Senior HR Manager/Director, assists the HR department in providing daily management of Human Resources function at assigned hospital. Performs confidential and administrative services for the Human Resource Department. Assists the HR Department in maintaining the efficiency of HR operations.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of HR policies and procedures; educating managers and employees to ensure appropriate understanding and application of such policies and procedures and providing timely communication of related changes or additions.
- Collecting, tracking, analyzing and disseminating relevant HR data to managers, corporate HR support and/or regulatory entities as appropriate.
- Serving as a liaison to new hires in all steps of the pre-employment process; working with the OPS HR Manager and the rest of the BSW Rehab HR team to identify and address problems along the pre-employment continuum.
- Providing support and guidance to employees seeking assistance with benefit related questions.
- Participating in the performance management process by ensuring employees are: (a) oriented appropriately to their positions, (b) tracking orientation, competencies, 90-day evaluations and annual evaluations to ensure completion
- Assisting in Joint Commission and CARF survey readiness to ensure employee files contain mandatory items, track, verify, and update BLS information and clinical licensure information
- Ensuring that accurate, timely information is provided to employees and/or tracked by HR regarding employee benefits administration, including eligibility criteria, coverage, costs, plan changes, enrollment/re-enrollment requirements, leaves of absence (including FMLA, personal and military), work injuries, and termination of coverage.
- Assisting in gathering and communicating HR-related data to employees and managers.
- Maintaining and auditing employment files and related documentation (e.g., I-9s, licensure, etc.) to ensure consistent compliance to regulatory and legal standards.
- Supporting and/or directly administering the process of reviewing and reporting payroll data each bi-weekly pay period.
- Performing other duties as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or a combination of education and experience required.
• Two or more years of experience in Human Resources with exposure to a board range of functions required. Previous HR experience in a healthcare facility with exposure to Joint Commission, and CMS preferred.
• Familiarity with benefit administration, basic HR functions, Payroll Administration, and state and federal employment laws.
• Must be detail-oriented with expertise in problem solving, observation, group dynamics, and interpersonal relations.
• Competency in Microsoft Office suite, as well as computer applications relating to Human Resources Functions required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.