CT Technician - PRN
Rush Specialty Hospital
Crtiical Illness Recovery Hospital + Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
Sign on bonus: $2,000
Pay: $42 per hour
Hours: PRN/Per Diem
Opening in April 2024, Select Medical and Rush University System for Health celebrate the new RUSH Specialty Hospital opening on Chicago's West Side. Together as partners, they will deliver a world-class acute to post-acute continuum of care for Chicago. The 100-bed facility combines both critical illness recovery and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals on the RUSH University Medical Center campus. The hospital features 44 critical illness recovery and 56 inpatient rehabilitation beds.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are aninventive problem solver.
We are seeking a CT Technologist who is comfortable performing computed tomography, radiographic and limited fluoroscopic exams with portable equipment.
- Prepare the patient for diagnostic procedures by explaining the process and creating a comfortable environment.
- Use of proper patient positioning and technical factors to consistently produce quality diagnostic studies.
- Correctly operate a CT scanner to produce cross-sectional images of desired patient anatomy.
- Administer contrast media as directed by referring physician.
- Monitor the patient for any adverse drug events and report accordingly.
- Perform routine quality assurance on equipment and identify basic malfunctions.
- Perform clerical duties, as needed, such as answering phones.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member.
- At least 2 years experience as a Registered Radiologic Technologist and hold current state license (as required).
- At least 1 year experience as a CT Technologist (not including school).
- Must have ARRT or CMRT certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must be current with Continuing Education in all fields of licensure.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Experience operating facility-specific equipment desirable.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.