Speech Language Pathologist PRN - Acute
SSM Health Rehabilitation Network
St. Joseph's Health Center - Lake St. Louis, MO
Speech Language Pathologist / Per Diem
Tier I - $45
Tier II - $50
Weekend shift differentials
Not ready to apply? Schedule a time to learn more and speak with a recruiter today.
Speech Therapy is compromised in a regional unit, requiring all SLPs to be competent and available to work across both acute care and inpatient rehabilitation settings. This allows for a breadth of knowledge for our patients and also, increased coverage based on census and hospital needs. Teamwork and individualized, compassionate patient care provide a basis for learning and professional development in a community hospital atmosphere. Therapy is provided in the areas of orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, neurology, oncology, general medicine and surgery.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of two years of experience in (acute care or inpatient rehab).
Experience performing Modified Barium Swallows (MBS) and Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow (FEES) independently is required.
Benefits of being a PRN therapist with us:
- Eligible for 401k
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
*CFY candidates will not be accepted for this position.*
- Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction.
- Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline specific therapy services for those assigned patients.
- Ensures design of functional treatment programs allowing for effective return to community activities.
- Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, coworkers and self.
- Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language & Hearing Association or eligibility for Certification pending professional experience required.
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
- Candidates with a minimum of two years of experience in (acute care or inpatient rehab).
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.