Recreational Therapist - Float
SSM Health Day Institute (Neuro Rehab) - Bridgeton, MO
Recreational Therapist - Float Position
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Full Time - Set Schedule!
Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
SSM Health Physical Therapy Rehab Network in the Greater St. Louis Area including our locations in Illinois (IL) is growing and has immediate openings for a Full-Time Activity/Recreational Therapist (RT) to plan, direct, and coordinate recreational-based treatment programs for patients in Physical Therapy Rehabilitation.
- Day shift Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm (Mon-Fri)
- This position starts at $19 for NO RT experience and goes up based on experience and education
Why Join Us?
- Reasonable working hours and expectations- We strive and encourage a healthy work-life balance by offering a manageable caseload expectation to provide the best care for all leading to a rewarding career
- Work with a highly skilled compassionate and caring team
- We are here for you! SSM provides great support at all stages of your career, your professional development, and offers great opportunities for growth
- Excellent Orientation and Training Program
- Recognized as “Top Workplaces” in St. Louis by St. Louis Post Dispatch
SSM Health Physical Therapy is the premier provider of comprehensive outpatient services! With a network of more than 70 outpatient physical therapy centers located throughout the St. Louis Metro area, SSM Health Physical Therapy specializes in the treatment of sports, orthopedic, hand and work-related injuries. Our team of more than 400 physical, occupational and speech therapists, along with our patient service specialists, focus on providing exceptional care and unparalleled customer service.
SSM Health Rehabilitation Network's Day Institute Program offers a specialized, outpatient rehabilitation program in a flexible full-day format for individuals who can benefit from a comprehensive approach to recovery, but don't necessarily need rehabilitation in the acute hospital setting.
- Plans and implements appropriate recreation activities for patients in accordance with guidelines set by the organization, hospital and the profession.
- Responsible for provision of therapeutic recreation intervention for an assigned caseload.
- Ensures all patients are oriented to recreation therapy and provides hospital wide leisure, social and divergent programs.
- Serves as an educator to patients on community resources.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation required.
- Certification: Current national certification from NCTRC as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or eligible to take exam required.
*Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Excellent Orientation Program
**We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!**
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.