Physical Therapist Assistant
NovaCare Rehabilitation is seeking an outpatient Physical Therapist Assistant in Altoona, PA
Our Lakemont outpatient orthopedic center in Altoona is seeking a licensed physical therapist assistant to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities. Our highly trained and respected clinical team provides treatment services that maximize functionality and promote the best optimal outcomes for our patients. We utilize a variety of evidence-based treatments and manual therapy techniques to create individualized treatment plans focused on helping each patient achieve their specific goals and get back to the things that are important to them. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Schedule: Per Diem. Monday thru Friday, Hours vary and based on clinic need and your availability
Compensation: Hourly rate range is $25-$30/hr based on your experience.
Unique Location/Job Details: We see a diverse orthopedic patient mix as well as neuro and industrial. Per Diem therapists are eligible for our Continuing Education Program which offers over 300 APTA accredited course free to you each year.
Benefits and Incentives (for part-time):
- Industrywide unmatched continuing education program with unlimited access to CEU courses, national certifications, and more
- Competitive compensation with annual performance reviews
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.