Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) - Tampa, FL
Select Physical Therapy is seeking a Full Time Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) in Tampa, FL!
Certified Athletic Trainers are healthcare professionals who provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical evaluation, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries & medical conditions. ATC coverage needed at Seffner Christian Academy
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, starting at $45k/yr
Hours: Typical High School AT hours
- Unmatched continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more. FREE!
- Student Debt Benefit Program (in some regions)
- Company matching 401(k)
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physician
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of school athletic events and practices
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration, and minor wound care.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the sports medicine team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including basic life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- Seeks outreach opportunities and participates in events to promote the company (races, club teams, etc)
- BS Degree REQUIRED, Masters degree preferred
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.