Clinical Liaison - RN/ RRT/ CRT
Select Specialty Hospital
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Clinical Liaison ( RN / RT )
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our Critical illness Recovery Hospitals offer a post-ICU plan of care that focuses on mobility, weight-bearing, ambulation and nutrition - all crucial contributors to getting patients back to their baseline of health.
In this non-beside role, the Clinical Liaison serves as an advocate for patients during the pre-admission process. You will coordinate with referring hospital discharge planners and with Select's admissions team to evaluate patients' medical needs. You will serve as a resource for hospital dishcharge planners, families, and insurance providers as they choose the best next step in the care continuum.
- Educate physicians, discharge planners and patient families on our specialized level of care and how it improves recovery for patients
- Conduct in-depth clinical assessments of referred patients
- Navigate and overcome barriers to admission to our level of care such as insurance eligibility, bed availibility and transport
- Assist referring discharge planners in making patient transfers efficient
This is a salaried position that works Monday-Friday with periodic on-call responsibility.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Respiratory Therapist (RT) License.
- Other Educational and Clinical designation with approval of Vice President, Business & Market Development or designee.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Be an investigator and problem solver – use your critical thinking skills to overcome obstacles that prevent patients from being admitted into the optimal level of care.
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous and supportive of team efforts.
- Prior sales or business development experience is preferred.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Monthly bonus plan.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Mobile technology for use in the job.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.