Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Days
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Penn State Health*
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full-time Days
$5,000 Sign-on bonus
Based on years of experience
Plus shift differentials for nights and weekends
Benefits of becoming an LPN with us:
- Three 12-hour shifts a week
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive Shift differentials for nights and weekends
- Exposure to adult and pediatric populations
- High success rate of patients being discharged directly home
- Team-oriented culture
- Comprehensive benefits package for Full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, student debt benefit program and tuition assistance)
- Company paid LPN to RN and RN to BSN scholarship program
- Great orientation and training program
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with growth/relocation opportunities
On a daily basis the LVN/LPN will be partnered with an RN and Nursing assistant to work as a team and support a safe patient ratio. The LVN/LPN will take direction from the RN they are partnered with and will be responsible for a set of duties depending on the acuity of the patient.
-Participates in initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment that is performed by the RN
-Supports the RN in formulating and modifying the nursing plan of care according to patients needs
-Provides direct nursing care and administers treatments
-Administers medication in accordance with the physician's orders
-Monitors assigned patients throughout shift and reports all relevant information to the RN.
-Timely and accurate documentation using EPIC
-Transcribes physician orders, consulting with an RN with any questions or concerns.
-Performs other duties as requested.
- Valid State License as an LPN/LVN required.
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
- Enrollment in an ADN program within 6 months of hire and completion of ADN within 2 years required. (Hospital will provide a scholarship for this enrollment.)
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of this position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- A network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.