Telemetry Technician/Monitor Technician (PRN)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Telemetry Technician/Monitor Technician - PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
Location: Quad Cities, Iowa
At Select Medical’s Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals, you are taking care of the most vulnerable patients in your community. Here, you will care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. You will be part of a network of more than 50,000 employees nationwide who provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will assume responsibility for continuously watching and ensuring appropriate and timely responses to alarms. Verifying correct identification of basic rhythms, lethal rhythms and artifact; maintaining EKG monitor alarms and responding to all alarms as needed.
- Continuously observing all monitors assigned and responding to alarms promptly and appropriately.
- Completing EKG interpretations including: rate, regularity, PRI, QRS, QTI, QTc, ST segment, wave form alterations, and rhythm interpretation.
- Ensuring strip interpretations are validated by RN.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member.
- Must complete and pass EKG class for Monitor Techs and required competencies on education platform within 30 days of start date in position and pass other tests/competencies as required by Select Medical.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred background as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)*, Licensed Paramedic or RN nursing student with EKG training (*LPNs are limited to working as telemetry tech only.)
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.