Physical Therapist - Oncology Resident - Dallas, TX (Sammons Cancer Ctr)
Baylor Scott & White Institute of Rehabilitation
Physical Therapist (PT) - Oncology Resident
Hours: Full Time
Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity.
Starting Salary: $75,920
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation is seeking a passionate, driven physical therapist looking to pursue a specialization in oncologic rehabilitation.
Seize the opportunity to join our highly respected oncology residency program, whose mentors provide training in rehabilitative services to improve function and quality of life for people affected by cancer. This is a multi-site residency program at our location inside Sammons Cancer Center in Dallas, TX and our outpatient clinics in Plano and Grapevine, TX. Mentoring faculty includes four board-certified clinical specialists in oncologic physical therapy. The oncology residency program includes direct patient care, 1:1 mentoring time, didactic education, live patient exams, labs, projects and presentations. Our residency program also provides the opportunity to join our highly trained ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation team, who positively impact the lives of thousands of people affected by cancer.
Benefits of becoming a Therapist with us:
We strive to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- Continuing Education
Interested in this or other opportunities with ReVital? Contact Melissa Thess, PT, CLT - ReVital Director of Talent & People Operations at [email protected] or 717.418.9635.
- Initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment
- Patient Case Load Average: 10-12 patients a day
- Timely and accurate documentation using Net Health
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including medical notes and surgery reports
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately
- Promoting continuous quality improvement
- Instructing and counseling patients/families as needed
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy
- Current State licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with occasional late or early shifts to accommodate patients
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.