Physical Therapist (PT) / Full-Time - $10,000 Sign on Bonus
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Physical Therapist (PT)
Full-Time - Monday - Friday
$10,000 Sign on Bonus!
At Select Specialty Hospital Willingboro, a critical illness recovery hospital, we treat medically complex patients who need more support before starting their road to recovery. Many of our patients come from the ICU, CCU, and other trauma units.
Select Specialty Hospital Willingboro is a 69 bed facility employing over 150 caregivers in the greater South Jersey and Pennsylvania area. We care for patients who require an extended stay in a specialty hospital setting before being discharged home or transferred to the next level of care such as assisted living or other.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Using discretion and independent judgment, you will assist patients and their families in coping with the unpredictability of illness within the context of the hospital environment.
- Performing initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
- Setting goals and developing treatment plans.
- Working cooperatively to identify and solve patient-specific and facility-wide needs.
- Participating in discharge planning for each patient, including placement, patient/family education and adaptive equipment.
- Supervising Physical Therapy Assistants, as well as supervising PT and PTA students.
- Conducting individual patient therapy regimens.
- Monitoring patient's response to treatment and modifying treatment during sessions, as needed.
- Completing appropriate documentation according to department policies and procedures.
- Participating in departmental, hospital, and community continuing education seminars and in-services.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure (or eligibility for State licensure) required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, other physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.