Hospital Cook - per diem
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
**A Joint Venture with Select Medical and Penn State Health**
Cook - PRN - As needed
5:30 am - 2pm / 11:30 am - 8pm
Pay: $20 per hour
Looking to pick up a few shifts a month? Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking a Per Diem - Cook to join our team. Per Diem employees work on an "as needed" basis to cover weekends, vacations, and when department workload picks up.
Benefits of being a Food Service Aide with us:
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to grow and learn
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining healthcare experience
Do you like to plan and cook nutritious meals? Would you like to help patients who are recovering from a serious illness or injury? Use your skills to provide great patient care in our inpatient rehabilitation hospital.
- Planning and preparing meals for patients, staff, guests and special events
- Overseeing food preparation, including choosing quality ingredients, following food temperature and time control guidelines and cleaning the food preparation area
- Reviewing and updating the menu, budget, patient nutritional needs and recipe files
- Staying informed of nutritional services and regulatory requirements
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Thorough knowledge of the culinary arts, including baking, cooking, salad preparation the procurement and storage of foodstuff required.
- Serve Safe Certification or similar sanitary certification/training preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.