Physical Therapist- St. Mary's County Maryland Outpatient Ortho - Per Diem
Outpatient Orthopedic Physical Therapist- Per Diem in Leonardtown Maryland
Experience the power of physical therapy!
Our NovaCare Leonardtown is seeking a part time or per diem (PRN) physical therapist for our outpatient center on Moakley. This can be for as needed coverage OR steady set schedule for a passionate St. Mary's County PT. We have a cohesive OP ortho team with front desk support and open to consider new grad PTs. We are open weekdays until 630pm and will ask for some evening coverage. Your last patient is scheduled an hour prior to close. We offer a variety of specialty services on top of general ortho to include; sports medicine, aquatics, neuro, concussion management, oncology, vestibular, pelvic health, pediatrics and more! Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to our patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy.
We schedule patients on the hour with 1:1 evals and 45 minute treat times. We are unable to offer medical or PTO benefits if you are treating less than 32 hours but we CAN discuss your participation in our CEU accrediting courses both in-person and online.
If you are interested, contact our regional recruiter, Shanel, or upload your resume and complete our HR application today!
Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
At NovaCare, a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. At NovaCare, we encourage dialogue that fosters inclusivity and growth. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At NovaCare, we work together to achieve our company objectives.
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager.
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.