Physical Therapist Assistant (Float) - Day Institute
SSM Health Day Institute (Neuro Rehab)
Physical Therapist Assistant(Float)
SSM Health Day Institute is seeking a Float Physical Therapist Assistant to work in our specialized outpatient rehabilitation program. We have nine centers across the St. Louis Metro area serving individuals recovering from a traumatic injury or illness who no longer require 24-hour nursing or acute rehabilitative care. We take a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to build skills and maximize independence. If you like working in a dynamic, collaborative environment and are passionate about helping the neurological and medically complex patient, apply today to explore a new career opportunity with us!
*We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!*
- Under the direct supervision of a licensed PT, assists with the implementation of the therapy plan of care.
- Responsible for delegation and direction of supportive personnel for those assigned patients, in order to enhance patient care services.
- Consistently communicates with supervising PT in regard to scheduled patients to ensure identification of need for assessment and reassessment of patients, modification of treatment plans and other interventions requiring therapist direction.
- Participates in education of patients, families, students, coworkers and self.
- Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, within the scope of practice.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in a PT Assistant program required.
- Current and valid state licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) required.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
*Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Co-Pays for Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Excellent Orientation Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- National Continuing Education courses (local and online)
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Productivity standards that allow for high quality patient care
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.