Student Nurse Tech - $3000 Sign On Bonus
OhioHealth Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & OhioHealth*
Student Nurse Tech
$3,000 Sign On Bonus
Hours: 12-Hour Shifts
Competitive shift differentials for nights and weekends
*This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school (ADN or BSN program) and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).*
Why work for OhioHealth Rehab Hospitals? We are committed to your growth and success!
- Once you obtain your RN, you can transition into a New Graduate RN role with us, where you get a 12-week preceptorship. At the end of those 12 weeks, you will be prepared to take on a full patient assignment as an RN!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Extensive and thorough orientation program
- Team oriented environment
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
Here, you will provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, orthopedic issues, amputation, and multiples traumas.
- Obtaining vital signs, height, weight and demographic data.
- Assisting patients with personal and daily care, such as bathing (bed bath, chair at sink, tub and shower), oral hygiene, shaving and hair care.
- Assisting with urinary catheter removal, finger stick blood sugars, routine urine and stool specimen collection, ostomy care, emptying drainage receptacles/tubes, bladder scan.
- Removing peripheral IV’s as directed by RN (may not remove any IV’s located in antecubital fossa or higher).
- Delivering meals and snacks, feeding patients who are unable to feed themselves and documenting oral intake, including supplements.
- Turning and positioning immobile patients safely while maintaining proper body alignment; participating in mobility program.
- Answering patient call lights and performing services that add to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Transportation of the patients to designated areas, such as to and from various treatment centers.
- This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school (ADN or BSN program) and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and aseptic practices is required.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal instructions, and to maintain effective working relations with others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
*Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process - to be completed before an employee's first day of work.*
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.