Therapy Aide - Garland
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Therapy Aide - Full Time - Outpatient
Benefits of being a Therapy Aide with us:
- Working with a great therapy team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Competitive rates
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- Full-benefits package Full-time employees (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate's years of experience and internal equity. Minimum pay: $16/hr
BSW Rehab is seeking a full time therapy tech to join our multi-disciplinary team. They would help assist our neuro physical therapist with gait training as well as our orthopedic therapists with their busy case load, assisting with tasks around the clinic as needed. If interested, please contact Katie Drummond. 972-495-6986. [email protected] Candidate must be energetic, able to multi-task, adaptable, and eager to learn and contribute to a positive team. Previous tech experience preferred but not required.
- Performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required
- One or more years of hospital experience as therapy aide preferred.
- six months of general maintenance experience and use of hand/power tools preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.