AR Collections Supervisor
Select Medical/NovaCare Rehabilitation is seeking an Accounts Receivable Collections Supervisor for our Outpatient Business Office located in Canonsburg, PA.
Supervises the day-to-day activities of the assigned CBO department staff to ensure maximum productivity for completion and resolution of assigned projects and duties. Expected to assist team to achieve established monthly and quarterly accounts receivable goals in accordance with Select Medical policies, practices and procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, analyzes and manages all issues pertaining to accounts receivable and customer service inquiries.
- Coordinates, assigns, audits and supervises work within departments to ensure productivity standards and goals are consistently met.
- Regularly, reviews and analyzes past due receivables with AR Manager.
- Establishes and maintain productive relationships with key resources including other departmental management, other CBO management and payer representatives.
- Participates actively in regular AR calls; coordinates activities and shares responsibility for projects with other key AR staff.
- Establishes and maintains the necessary billing and receivables tracking systems to maximize collections and cash flow.
- Oversees monthly A/R reporting requirements.
- Supervises staff including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, work-flow planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
- Implements and maintains departmental compliance with new and existing policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum two years customer service and high volume medical billing and collections.
- One to two years training experience.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork, participation, and development.
- Ability to interpret and understand contracts and basic accounting principles.
- Ability to handle projects and present reports in a manner easily understood by others.
- Proficient in Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and billing systems.
Demonstrated Job-Related Skills/Competencies:
- Strong managerial, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions.
- Knowledge of assigned state(s) workers compensation rules and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Broad knowledge of desktop computer applications.
- Strong understanding of corporate accounting and internal control procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting software.
- Microsoft Word and Excel Knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Team player, self-starter able to work with little supervision.
- Sensitivity to the needs of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.