Patient Service Specialist - Medical Front Office - As Needed Float
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
North Richland Hills, Texas
Patient Service Specialist (PSS)
As Needed (Per Diem) Float
Clinic hours vary M-F 7a-7p
Travel to multiple outpatient clinics required (Fort Worth Eastchase, Grapevine, North Arlington, North Rihland Hills, Southlake, South Grand Prairie)
We are looking for someone that is organized, flexible and able to work well with others or independently. Candidate will be required to travel to other locations as needed. Candidate needs to be provide outstanding customer service and get things done. We process referrals, schedule patients complete the intake process & data entry, insurance verification, authorizations and review of benefits with patients, copay collection, arriving and scheduling patients, billing reports, closing report and other task as needed.
Select Medical/Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity. This is an entry level position, starting pay is $21.00 an hour.
- Greets patients
- Answers phones
- Patient intake and data entry
- Insurance verification and pre-authorization
- Schedules patient appointments
- Operates front office of outpatient centers
- Supports therapists and therapy assistants
- Daily cash balancing and weekly banking deposits
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Courses in bookkeeping and accounting OR work experience in a healthcare or related setting.
- One to two years medical billing and administrative experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and relate ideas effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, management staff, third party payers, patients, and physicians.
- Must have strong skills in computer equipment and software, detailed documentation, problem-solving and excellent customer service
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.