Speech Language Pathologist - SLP
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Location: Lakeway, TX
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Hours vary: Monday to Friday / 7am to 7pm
PRN (as needed)
PRN Rate: $60
Benefits of becoming a Therapist with us:
We strive to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Ladder Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- Continuing Education
- Student Loan Assistance
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation (BSWIR) is seeking a consistent PRN speech pathologist to be part of an outpatient multidisciplinary team model. This position is based at our Lakeway outpatient clinic on the Baylor Scott & White Lakeway campus, but candidate shall be open to cover at other locations throughout the South Austin area as needed.
BSWIR Outpatient has an interdisciplinary team model working closely with physical therapy and occupational therapy. We are searching for candidates with experience treating motor speech, adult language, cognitive-communication disorders, and dysphagia, including dysphagia following treatment for head/neck cancer.
We work as part of the continuum of care, striving to return patients to their premorbid level of functioning. Adult outpatient therapy consists of diagnostics and treatment of stroke, acquired brain injury, dysphagia, voice, MS, Parkinson’s disease, cancer, dementia and other medical complexities in an interdisciplinary setting.
Our outpatient speech therapy team includes many experienced clinicians with specialties in a variety of areas, which serve as great mentors.
We are seeking someone who can:
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team model.
- Perform standardized assessments for disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice and fluency disorders to create an individualized and patient-centered plan of care.
- Perform clinical swallow evaluations and interpret Modified Barium Swallow evaluations in order to safely determine a diet and individualized plan of care.
- Plan and deliver effective patient and family training to address safety concerns and facilitate carryover into the home and community.
- Participate in monthly speech trainings and CEU’s related to speech pathology.
- Market and promote speech services to the community in order to grow the speech program in Central Texas.
- Demonstrate commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and customer service skills.
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology required
- CCC-SLP certification from ASHA, TX-SLP certification from the State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- Dysphagia experience required.
- 3+ years of outpatient experience with adult neuro preferred.
- LSVT/SPEAK OUT certification preferred.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.