Medicare Exhaust Specialist
Medicare Exhaust Specialist
Open due to promotion
Starting at $17.50/hr
Why work at Select Medical?
We are committed to your growth and success:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay, benefits and paid time off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program, including in-person or video counseling sessions
- Thorough orientation program
- Professional On-Demand Learning Modules
Availability of benefits is dependent on role with Select Medical.
Do you enjoy puzzles and research? Are you results-oriented? If so, our exhaust specialist position may be a phenomenal career for you! Our team is responsible for resolving outstanding insurance claims.
As a member of the account receivables team, you’ll resolve unpaid insurance claims and help ensure our patients are not being billed incorrectly. Through our paid training, you’ll be given the tools and foundation to analyze accounts and contact insurance companies.
Our team offers first-shift, Monday through Friday schedules (includes two 15-minute unpaid breaks and one paid 30-minute lunch). Casual work attire is fine – jeans are our norm!
At Grandview, we’re all about having a great employee experience! From our Wednesday food trucks to educational seminars to our annual Hershey Park trip, we want to help you connect with colleagues and enjoy being a part of the Select Medical family.
- Reviews in-house patient’s use of Medicare days to determine the date Medicare will exhaust. Notifies facility staff as to the collectability of services performed after Medicare benefits are exhausted.
- Once patient determined to be Medicare Exhaust, specialist files Medicare part A and part B claims to Medicare.
- Specialist determines if a secondary insurance is available and if it will pay for services rendered after Medicare days are exhausted. Ensures all authorizations are obtained as necessary and sends claims to secondary (commercial/Medicaid) payers along with Medicare remittance advise(s) for payment.
- Performs all necessary collection efforts with Medicare and the Commercial/Medicaid payers to obtain correct payment for services rendered in a timely manner. This includes making phone calls and writing appeals. Often works with provider representatives at the payers.
- Reviews all Payments / Adjustments / uncollectable balances to ensure accurate posting in the revenue cycle system.
- Supports the mission and direction of Select Medical Corporation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or two years within a medical billing, medical collecting or claims processing role.
- Good organizational and people skills are required.
- Sound knowledge of Excel and the ability to create and work with spreadsheets.
- Time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend and solve complex situational problems.
- Ability to perform multi-part math calculations
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.