Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) - Dundalk, MD
NovaCare Rehabilitation is seeking a Full Time Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) in Dundalk, MD!
Certified Athletic Trainers are healthcare professionals who provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical evaluation, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries & medical conditions. This ATC will provide care at Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC). There are 2 other full-time ATCs located at the other CCBC campuses. This is a 12 month position.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, starting at $60k/yr
Hours: Typical collegiate AT hours
- Unmatched continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more. FREE!
- Company matching 401(k)
- Affordable PPO Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Responsible for patient care under supervision of a licensed physician and collaboration with team physician
- Involved in the Athletic Training Services program, participation in the coverage of athletic events and practices
- Designs and implements specific therapeutic programs for rehabilitation of the injured athlete
- Determines the need for and administers proper athletic training techniques prior to and during games/practices to decrease risk of injury. Athletic training techniques can include taping, wrapping, bracing, proper hydration, and minor wound care.
- Determines the effectiveness of athletic training/rehabilitative techniques and records change as indicated by athlete response within limits of specified plan of care.
- Maintains proper lines of communication to ensure athlete is getting optimal care within the sports medicine team.
- Prudently manages emergency incidents, coordinates EMS and acute care procedures including basic life support to reduce the impact on function of an injured athlete.
- BS Degree REQUIRED, Masters degree preferred
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.