Cook - Full Time
Select Specialty Hospital - Victorian Village
Pay: $17.00 - $20.73 per hour
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
You will prepare foods for patients, staff, and guests, and may assist with general cleaning of the cooking and eating areas. In the absence of the Manager, the Cook supervises the dietary staff, ensuring that our facility and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and that proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies are being followed.
- Accepting and understanding both verbal and written instructions.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to meet department standards.
- Maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help with work that needs to be done.
- Taking initiative to not only identify problems, but to bring about a positive and sustainable solution.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member.
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Having at least one (1) year of cooking experience.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Culinary Arts degree preferred.
- Completion of state or local food safety training course preferred.
- Hospital experience is preferred.
We understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors. That’s why we strive to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.