Physical Therapist $5k Sign-On Bonus (Ortho) - Home Health
SSM Health Rehabilitation-Home Care
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Physical Therapist - Orthopedics
PT Ortho position
Hourly pay, not fee for service
SSM Health Rehabilitation Network is seeking a Full-Time Physical Therapist to join our Orthopedic Home Care Team!
This is a unique opportunity to join our dynamic Orthopedic team consisting of therapists and nurses. Develop a close connection with your colleagues and collaborate with local orthopedic physicians. Enjoy the autonomy to make your own schedule.
SSM Health Home Care provides a variety of home care services to meet the needs of elective and traumatic orthopedic diagnoses.
Territory is northern/central in St. Louis, including areas such as: Maryland Heights, Creve Couer, Clayton, Normandy, Hazelwood, Ladue, Bridgeton, St. Ann, University City, Overland, Pagedale, Woodson Terrace and more. These locations have easy highway access to 270, 170 and 70!
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination.
- Provides for patient education to include development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services ensuring the continuum of care.
- Carries full patient caseload, ensuring management of patient schedule. Notifies supervisor of scheduled openings and concerns with caseload management.
- Completes medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner and ensures accurate and timely charge entry using approved formats in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensures care is provided under valid physician orders and within insurance approval, as indicated and necessary for clinical care of the patient.
Home Care Requirements:
- One or more years of clinical experience (Preferred)
- Valid state Driver’s License
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Physical Therapist required.
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
*Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Clinical Advancement Program
- Excellent Orientation Program
- New Grad Mentorship
- Residency Programs
- National Continuing Education courses (local and online)
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Productivity standards that allow for high quality patient care
**We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!**
**Select Medical, Missouri, has been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best-In-State Employers!**
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.