Patient Service Specialist - Medical Front Office
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Patient Service Specialist (PSS)
Full Time Float (South)
Varying hours M-F 7am-7pm
Will be required to travel to multiple outpatient clinics from Waxahachie, Midlothian, Mansfield, and Dallas (Landry, Sammons, Carroll Ave, Kessler Park, Camp Wisdom, Red Oak).
Looking for a customer service oriented person to handle front office activities in a fast paced environment.Looking for a customer service, detail oriented individual who is able to work in a fast paced environment. Task includes check in, check out, insurance verifications, scheduling, reports, faxing and scanning and other office duties. To provide outstanding customer service to patients and staff.
Select Medical/Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity. This is an entry level position, starting pay is $18.00 an hour based off of experience.
- Greets patients
- Answers phones
- Patient intake and data entry
- Insurance verification and pre-authorization
- Schedules patient appointments
- Operates front office of outpatient centers
- Supports therapists and therapy assistants
- Daily cash balancing and weekly banking deposits
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Courses in bookkeeping and accounting OR work experience in a healthcare or related setting.
- One to two years medical billing and administrative experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and relate ideas effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, management staff, third party payers, patients, and physicians.
- Must have strong skills in computer equipment and software, detailed documentation, problem-solving and excellent customer service
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.