Therapy Aide - Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
PRN (As Needed)
Benefits of being a Therapy Aide with us:
- Working with a great therapy team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Competitive rates
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity.
Assists therapy staff with identification and transportation needs for patient care in the rehab treatment areas and with the coordination of care between rehab and nursing floors. BSW Rehab Dallas Landry is seeking a full time outpatient orthopedic rehab aide to join our dynamic Occupational and Physical therapy team. Duties include infection control cleaning, laundry, light equipment maintenance, assistance to clinicians for direct patient care, assistance to front desk for light clerical tasks, and other duties as assigned. Candidate must be energetic, able to multi-task, adaptable, and eager to learn and contribute to a positive team. Previous tech experience preferred but not required. Clinic hours vary from 7A-7P Monday-Thursday and 7A-5P on Fridays.
- Performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- BLS Certification
- One or more years of hospital experience as therapy aide preferred.
- Six months of general maintenance experience and use of hand/power tools preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.