Occupational Therapist - Fellowship
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehablitation
Occupational Therapist Fellowship
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate's years of experience and internal equity. Minimum salary: $73,840.
The 1-year fellowship program is designed to enhance a therapist’s skills in advanced-level practice as well as to sit for the AOTA Board Certification in Physical Rehabilitation (BCPR) exam at the completion of the fellowship program in order to achieve the status of AOTA board-certified specialist. The program at Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation at Dallas is designed to maximize your experience with a wide range of physical rehabilitation diagnoses across the continuum of care through four 12-week-long rotations with each of the clinical teams at our in-patient rehabilitation facility, and four 1-week long observational rotations through various settings across the care continuum. This fellowship position involves practical learning experiences that prioritize transdisciplinary client-centered care through evidence-based practice and advanced clinical reasoning skills in order to promote excellence in the provision of occupational therapy services.
This fellowship will also require the completion of a minimum of one course (3 credit hours) from the Ph.D. curriculum at the School of Occupational Therapy at Texas Women’s University, a co–sponsor of our program. Each fellow is responsible for enrollment as a non-degree-seeking student, their application, and their tuition.
- • A graduate of an occupational therapy educational program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) Required
• Valid TX Occupational Therapy License Required
• American Heart Association BLS CPR Required
• Minimum of six 6 months prior OT Experience Required
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.