Speech Language Pathologist
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Speech Language Pathologist - Full Time
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate's years of experience and internal equity. Minimum Salary: $71,760.
We're actively seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to join our dynamic Transdisciplinary Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation team. As a Speech Language Pathologist on our team you will have the unique opportunity to be involved in our holistic and individualized approach. You will be an integral part of delivering expected outcomes to help serve individuals with TBI, Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury and other neurological diseases patients return home, work, school and the community. SCI, TBI, Stroke, and Post-Acute Neuro Rehabilitation experience a plus.
This position is located at our beautiful brand facility, located next to our Downtown Dallas Rehabilitation hospital on the BUMC campus. Our New Neuro Transitional Rehab is for patients that need additional intense rehabilitation before they go home.
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- Loan Repayment Assistance - full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies the plan of care in accordance with the patient’s needs and collaboration with the transdisciplinary team. Responsible for directed transfer of skills learned by patients during formal therapy into the evenings, weekends and community through team collaboration, communication and training of the Neuro Rehab Coaches. Serves as a primary therapist for assigned patients and works within a transdisciplinary team philosophy. Delivers therapy across multiple environments, modifying the structure and stimuli to maximize patient success. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, coworkers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient and enhancement of the Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation program.
- Evaluate assigned patients and establish appropriate treatment goals and programs.
- Coordinate treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services as available community resources.
- Develop comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language & Hearing Association or eligibility for Certification pending professional experience required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.