Speech Language Pathologist
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Speech Language Pathologist
Full Time - Day Neuro
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate's years of experience and internal equity. Starting salary: $71,760.
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- Loan Repayment Assistance - full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
There is an immediate opening for a dynamic, committed full-time speech therapist for the Day Neuro Program at Baylor Scott and White Institute for Rehabilitation in Dallas, TX. The Day Neuro Program is a multidisciplinary program serving adults with acquired brain injuries in an outpatient setting. The speech therapist works in a team environment with a physical therapist, occupational therapist, neuropsychologist, and recreation therapist to create a comprehensive rehabilitation program to meet the individual needs of the patient and family.
The successful applicant will have experience working with adults with acquired brain injury; will have an understanding of the impact of cognitive and communication impairments on functional daily activities; will be able to create individualized treatment plans targeting return to work, return to school and community reintegration; will have an excellent understanding of patient-centered care; will have a thorough understanding of differential diagnosis of aphasia types; and experience providing protocol-based and life participation approaches to aphasia treatment.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluate assigned patients and establish appropriate treatment goals and programs.
- Coordinate treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services as available community resources.
- Develop comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist required.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language & Hearing Association or eligibility for Certification pending professional experience required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.