Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Las Colinas, TX
Occupational Therapist - Full time
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. Compensation depends upon candidate's years of experience and internal equity. Starting salary: $73,840.
Benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- Engaged and team-oriented culture
- High success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
- This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
There is an immediate opening for a full-time occupational therapist in the Baylor Scott and White Insitute for Rehabilitation Day Neuro Program in Dallas. The BSWIR Day Neuro program in Dallas provides patient-centered, transdisciplinary care for adolescents and adults with acquired brain inury. The occupational therapist works in a team environment with speech therapy, physical therapy, neuropyschology, therapeutic recreation, counseling and case management. The ideal candidate will have experience working with patients with acquired neurological injury, and will be motivated to provide evidence-based, patient-centered care.
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluate the patient's level of functioning and develop an individualized treatment plan aligned with patient and family goals
- Participate in discharge planning including placement, patient and family education, and adaptive equipment
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.