Medical Front Office - Float
SSM Health Physical Therapy - Patient Service Specialist (PSS)
Entry Level - Float - Full-time - 40 hours - Mileage Reimbursement
Starting pay is $17.50 per hour and goes up based on education and experience.
Monday - Friday - Hours vary Between 7:00am-7:00pm
A schedule of 40 hours will be sent to you on Fridays for the following Monday through Friday.
Our float positions travel to different clinics daily to cover call-ins, medical leaves, FMLA, vacation time, etc. in the St. Louis Metro area. Some days you will be required to go to two clinics in one day. This position requires that you be flexible in scheduling, as your schedule may be changed day of.
Our clinics are open anywhere from 7/7:30am-6:30/7pm. We reimburse mileage anything after 40 miles for the day, as the average commute is 20 miles to work and 20 miles home - we cover anything after that! Must be willing to float/travel into St. Louis County and surrounding counties, including Illinois (Madison/St. Claire/Monroe,) Jefferson county, St. Charles county, Warren county.
This administration/front office medical position requires excellent customer service. The Patient Service Specialist (PSS) encompasses all front office duties, including but not limited to: insurance verification, customer service, data entry, scheduling, billing reconciliation, faxing, scanning, communication with doctors, multitasking and organization.
- Greets patients
- Answers phones
- Patient intake and data entry
- Insurance verification and pre-authorization
- Schedules patient appointments
- Operates front office of outpatient centers
- Supports therapists and therapy assistants
- Daily cash balancing and weekly banking deposits
If you have experience in the below you could be a great candidate:
- Office admin
- Patient Service Representative
- Health care
- Medical field
- Administrative Assistant
- Patient Care Specialist
- Front desk
- Customer Service
- Guest Services
- Office Coordinator
- Great work ethic
- High School degree or diploma required
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Basic knowledge of computers skills including but not limited to keyboard familiarity and word processing, office procedures, filing, verbal and written communication skills, fax, photocopy required
- Customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with staff members, supportive personnel, patients, physicians and community members required
- One year in medical office setting that required multi tasking preferred
- knowledge of health insurance preferred
*Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID)
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Excellent Orientation Program
**We have been recognized numerous times by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis!**
“Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.”
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.