Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws.Compensation depends upon candidate’s years of experience and internal equity Minimum Hourly Rate: $18.18/hr.
Our Neuro Transitional Rehab is for patients rehabilitation from TBI, that need a longer transition before they go home. The facility is made up of 9 suites where patients live full time as they learn to adapt to tasks, environments, and challenges that they will encounter daily.
Works with Neuro Transitional Leadership and other staff to ensure administrative tasks are completed and that the business functions efficiently. Provides support to the Program Director/Manager, Residential or Assistant Residential Manager, Case Manager, Clinical Liaison, and Rehab Therapy Manager . May also be required to provide direct care assistance to patient population.
- Provides clerical and administrative assistance, performing various tasks routinely and as needed to case management, clinical liaison/admissions, nursing, program and facility operations.
- Responsible for data input into patient outcome data base, referral and admission customer referral management data into electronic health record, and patient and employee focus group comments. Responsible for completing follow up on patients after discharge.
- Completes benefit verification on all referrals according to policy. Assists with printing and distribution of patient schedules, assembling patient notebooks, orientation training notebooks and brochure materials.
- Schedules community medical appointments and processes appointment follow up and appointment information forms according to policy. Asssists with scheduling transportation for appointments as needed.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, finalizes medical and facility suppliy inventories in order to place orders for routine supplies. Follows purchase order requests for additional therapy, facilty medical supplies insuring all are ordered timely. Opens, inventories, places labels on required materials and distributes all incoming mail and supplies for facility and patients. Maintains orgaization of supply closet and office supplies.
- Performs clerical duties such as faxing, photocopying, completing expense reports, copying medical records and scanning as needed. Creates correspondence, memoranda, reports and records, as requested. Prepares computer spreadsheets as necessary.
- Performs receptionist duties including answering the telephone, screening calls and receiving guests at the facility.
- Ensures customer service focus, confidentiality and professionalism is maintained when dealing with patient information or other sensitive/ confidential information.
- Maintains neuro rehab competencies in order to assist with patient care and therapy as requested.
- Attends required meetings and may assist with notetaking or keeping minutes.
- Occasionally transports patients on community outings.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Current State Driver's License in good standing required
- Previous experience in related areas case management, brain injury rehabilitation, working with insurance benefits, or administrative role preferred.
- Proficiency in various computer applications/programs required.
- Ability to multi task and problem solve effectively.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.