Physical Therapist Outpatient - Washington DC (Capitol Hill)
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare in Washington DC at our Capitol Hill Outpatient Ortho Center!
NovaCare Rehabilitation in DC (Pennsylvania Ave location) seeking full time physical therapist. New grad PTs welcome.
Our outpatient orthopedic physical therapy center is looking for a compassionate and driven licensed Physical Therapist to provide exceptional patient care experiences. Seize the opportunity to join our highly trained and respected physical therapy team that provides preventative and rehabilitative services that help improve quality of life for the community in which they live and work. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to our patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy.
We have multiple clinicians on staff able to offer mentorship for a new graduate physical therapist. Experienced physical therapists are WELCOME to apply! We treat a mix of teens through geriatrics with specialty services include vestibular/ concussion, oncology (ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Program), sports medicine, performing arts and industrial on top of general orthopedics. Experience in any of our specialty services is a PLUS! This is a 40 hour work week with some nights until 7pm and NO weekends. We continue to focus on quality care by establishing reasonable caseload expectations for our physical therapists also ensuring a positive work-life balance.
Full Time Benefits and Incentives:
- Multiple PPO Plans through BC/BS + HSA to choose from
- Company matching 401(k)
- FREE three month NPTE Prep Course *NEW OFFERING*
- Student Debt Benefit Program (Indefinite)
- UNMATCHED Con Ed program
- 300+ onsite, synchronous and asynchronous CEU accrediting courses. (.75-14 CEUs)
- COMT, OCS, SCS, CSCS, Pelvic Health, NCS, Oncology, Dry Needling and additional certifications PAID
- Outlined and defined Mentorship Program with Protected Schedule
- Journal Clubs (institutional access to multiple journals)
- Clinical and Professional Development Tools
- Clinical Development: As you work towards specializations with us, you reach levels/goals/progress markers that earn you MORE in compensation.
- Professional Development: Management training outlined for specifics on program development, finance, leadership skills, marketing and more. When you become an Assistant Center Manager, you also get more PTO!
- Competitive compensation with additional incentives, bonuses and MORE
- Generous Paid Time Off + Holidays + Sick with carryover
Salary Range: $80,000+ based on experience
For details, contact our regional recruiter, Shanel!
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
At NovaCare, a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. At NovaCare, we encourage dialogue that fosters inclusivity and growth. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At NovaCare, we work together to achieve our company objectives.
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager.
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.