Student Care Tech - Per Diem
Banner Rehabilitation Hospital - Phoenix
*In Partnership with Select Medical*
Student Care Tech
Per Diem/As Needed
Days or Nights
Shift Hours: 6:00 am to 6:30 pm or 6:00 pm to 6:30 am (Rotating Weekends)
Pay Rate: $23/Hour
Shift Differential + flexible schedule
*This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).*
Benefits of becoming a Student Care Tech with us:
- Flexible scheduling with rotating weekends
- Manageable caseloads
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home
- Team-oriented, family-like culture, and professional development
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse the Student Nurse Tech performs procedures, collects and documents demographic and patient data as follows:
- Vital signs, height, weight, demographic data
- Assists patient with personal and daily care: bathing, oral hygiene, shaving, and hair care.
- Intake & output, urinary catheter removal, finger stick blood sugars, routine urine and stool specimen collection, ostomy care, emptying drainage receptacles/tubes, bladder scan
- Removes peripheral IV's as directed by RN (may not remove any IV's located in antecubital fossa or higher)
- Delivers meals and snacks, feeds patients who are unable to feed themselves. Documents oral intake including supplements
- Turns, positions immobile patients safely, maintaining proper body alignment.
- Answers patient call lights and performs services that add to the physical well being of the patient.
- Transport of patients to designated areas; assists in moving patients in and out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Communicates significant information and changes in patient condition to Registered Nurse
- Seeks learning experiences and continually updates skill inventory.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and aseptic practices required.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal instructions, and to maintain effective working realtions with others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates.
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.