Therapy Aide - Inpatient
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
Therapy Aide - Inpatient Rehab
Shift Hours: Full-Time, Monday to Fridays 8:15am to 4:15pm and Alternating Weekends & Holidays
Start Pay: $16.50/hr! (Negotiable based on years of experience)
Benefits of becoming a therapy aide with us:
- Start Pay: $16/hr! (Negotiable based on years of experience)
- Shift Differential!
- Tuition Assistance up to $5,000 a year after your first full year of employment
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability & more)
- Working with a great therapy team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home to their families
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
Under the direction of a therapist, assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of requested activities. Prepares and maintains equipment and physical plant for daily activities.
- Performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Certified Basic Life Support with the America Heart Association is required prior to start.
- One or more years of hospital experience as therapy aide preferred
- Six months of general maintenance experience and use of hand/power tools preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process - to be completed before an employee's first day of work.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.