The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for completing accounting activities for a group of assigned hospitals in the Critical Illness Recovery Hospital Division. Role includes supervising accounting staff to ensure accounting and internal control objectives are met to achieve high quality financial reporting. Candidates will be experienced in supervising professionals, organizing and prioritizing work, critical thinking, problem solving plus be detail oriented and able to communicate effectively with others.
- Supervises and provides direction to assigned staff
- Collaborates with accounting leadership and assigned staff in completing the month-end close process.
- Promotes best practices and continuous improvement of accounting processes and internal controls.
- Supports Accounting Manager with accurate and timely information.
- Promotes audit readiness and assists with the completion of internal and external auditor activities.
- Assists with accounting integration for acquired businesses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of five years of applicable accounting experience, preferably in a healthcare industry accounting environment
- Working knowledge of US GAAP principles.
- Expertise with the Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Oracle, OneStream and MedHost experience is desirable
- Healthcare industry accounting experience is a plus.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.