RN Wound Care Nurse - PRN, Per Diem
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Wound Care Nurse (RN)
At Select Medical’s Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals, you are taking care of the most vulnerable patients in your community. Here, you will care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. You will be part of a network of more than 50,000 employees nationwide who provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient care experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
In this role, you will develop and ensure the wound care plan specific for each patient in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team.
- Preserving the integrity of the skin by implementing and monitoring skin preservation strategies.
- Ensuring all wound and skin care protocols are approved by the medical staff.
- Organizing multidisciplinary wound and skin rounds on a weekly basis for high risk patients and patients with current pressure ulcers and other significant wounds.
- Providing hands-on wound care for all difficult and non-healing wounds.
- Serving as a resource to all hospital staff on all issues related to wound and skin care.
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- AD (Associate's degree in Nursing) required.
- One (1) year of related experience required.
- Valid State RN License.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- Must complete wound care training in the first 90 days in the role.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- BSN preferred.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.