Student Respiratory Therapy Tech
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Student Respiratory Therapy Tech
Gain valuable experience in a critical care setting with options for flexible scheduling.
Current enrollment in an accredited respiratory therapy program; completion of the first year/fundamentals of respiratory therapy, or equivalent, is required.
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
Under the direct supervision of the Licensed Respiratory Therapist, the Student Respiratory Therapy Tech performs procedures, collects and documents demographic and patient data.
- Conducts physician prescribed treatments of a routine nature operating various respiratory equipment, various oxygen and aerosol devices, and various nebulizer devices in order to administer prescribed medications, humidification and oxygenation.
- Performs chest physiotherapy by operating various equipment to promote secretion clearance.
- Performs suctioning of the patient by various methods (oropharyngeal, nasal and tracheal).
- Performs oximetry and capnography monitoring.
- Performs 12-Lead EKG and basic arrhythmia recognition.
- Assists with procedures relating to respiratory care (i.e. Bronchoscopy, Perc Trachs, Chest Tube placement, etc.).
- Performs tracheostomy care according to policy, including insertion and removal of tracheostomy tubes.
- Performs arterial puncture and determines efficiency of ventilation, as well as monitoring, recording and reporting of test results.
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation according to BLS guidelines.
- Assists in facilitating preventative maintenance and repair of equipment as needed.
- Performs set-up and self-test on all ventilatory equipment as required, may include prior cleaning or disinfecting of devices.
- Communicates with attending and pulmonary physician's concerning the efficiency of therapy administered to the patient.
- Communicates significant information and changes in patient condition to the Licensed Respiratory Therapist.
- Adheres to infection control policy and procedure including hand washing, use of PPE, and observations of precautions.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Current enrollment in an accredited respiratory therapy program; completion of the first year/fundamentals of respiratory therapy, or equivalent, is required.
- Knowledge of basic respiratory techniques and procedures and aseptic practices is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We’d love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.