No on call or weekends required!
Doctoral degree (PhD, PsyD, EdD) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-Accredited program required.
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital - Richmond Heights
1027 Bellevue, 3rd Floor
Saint Louis, Missouri 63117 (SSM Health St. Mary Hospital)
Salary rate starting: $100K
Based off years of experience
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital in Bridgeton, Missouri is seeking a Full-time Neuropsychologist to join our amazing team!!
The Neuropsychologists of SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital provide care for inpatients, day hospital patients, and outpatients after stroke, traumatic brain injury, neurosurgery, and many other conditions affecting cognition, mood, and behavior, as well as independent functioning. Our primary goals are to help patients and families understand and adjust to their injury or illness, and to help the teams in their efforts to make the greatest progress possible with our patients in their rehabilitation therapies.
The position includes responsibility for assessment and treatment in the inpatient service, as well as neuropsychological assessment with outpatients (approximately two cases per week)
Our neuropsychological assessment service receives referrals primarily from neurologists and neurosurgeons (especially those associated with SSM Health Neuroscience Institute), so we work with patients for whom our assessment services are essential.
Because SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a neurological rehabilitation setting where we provide both assessment and intervention, the position requires excellent clinical psychology training as well as specialty clinical neuropsychology training.
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Consultation to families, medical rehabilitation teams, and physicians
- Psychological intervention (individual and group)
- Participation in education and support programs
General academic and clinical preparation including:
- Doctoral degree (PhD, PsyD, EdD) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-Accredited program required.
- General academic and clinical preparation including:
- APA-Approved Clinical Psychology internship, preferably in a medical / health science setting
- Supervised postdoctoral training and experience in clinical neuropsychology
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team in a medical setting
- Missouri license as a Psychologist
As the leading provider of comprehensive rehabilitation services in the St. Louis area, SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital delivers the specialized care and advanced treatment that enables individuals with stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological disorders, amputation, joint replacement and other orthopedic trauma, and general medical rehabilitation needs, to rebuild their lives.
Full benefits package including:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.