Occupational Therapist - Certified Hand Therapist
Select Physical Therapy is seeking a PRN Occupational Therapist-Certified Hand Therapist in Springfield, VA
Our Springfield outpatient center is seeking a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT)-Occupational Therapist to treat various upper extremity disorders ranging from tendon injuries, sprains/strains, post-operative fractures, etc. The Hand Therapist must be skilled in custom splinting. The Hand Therapist will be working in an energetic center with primarily an orthopedic caseload and will be treating referrals from hand and orthopedic surgeons.
Schedule: PRN, flexible schedule within Monday-Friday
Compensation: $45.00 - $55.00 per hour
Unique Job Opportunities:
- Nationally supported mentorship program therapists interested in pursuing their CHT credentials (available in most regions). Experienced therapists have the opportunity to become a mentor
- Education dept: National UE symposium, National journal club, National CHT study group, free local CEUs, webinar training programs, additional certification course available for UE COMT
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Hand therapy clinics are fully equipped and provide many treatment options
- Opportunity to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on-site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments, and pre-employment testing.
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Stay current and up to date with Occupational Therapy research and employ Evidence Based Practice (RCB, clinician expertise, patient perception).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy
- Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED
- MUST have solid experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required
- Hand and splinting experience REQUIRED
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid state driver’s license.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.