Occupational Therapist - Ortho/Oncology
Select Physical Therapy is seeking an outpatient Occupational Therapist (Ortho/Oncology) in Wasilla, AK
Our Wasilla, AK outpatient therapy center continues to expand, and we are seeking a compassionate and driven licensed occupational therapist to provide exceptional patient care experiences on a full time basis. These clinics currently treat a diverse patient case mix, including ortho and some neuro, and are looking to expand specialty services within cancer rehabilitation. Ideal candidates will possess an strong interest in cancer rehab and be passionate and motivated to work alongside the ReVital program director to expand access to specialty services in the Wasilla area. Licensed clinical experience required - we are unable to accept new grads for this position.
Interested in helping people affected by cancer? Seize the opportunity to join our highly trained and respected ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Program team, who provide rehabilitative services to help improve quality of life for people affected by cancer. Interest in cancer rehabilitation is required, experience preferred. Our ReVital team provides the necessary education and training for therapists invested in treating our diverse patient population, which must be completed within the first 6-12 months of employment. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide quality care to our patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy.
Compensation: Salary starting at $85,000/year commensurate with experience.
Student debt program available!
Benefits and Incentives (for full-time at 32 hrs+):
- Multiple health plans: PPO and HSA options through BC/BS
- Dental/vision/prescription/disability/supplemental life insurance and more
- Company matching 401(k)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and extended illness days (EID)
- Indefinite student debt benefit program
- Industrywide unmatched continuing education program with unlimited access to CEU courses, national certifications, and more
- Competitive compensation with annual performance reviews
ReVital is an innovative oncology rehabilitation program offered exclusively by Select Medical. Our mission is to deliver outcomes that matter to our patients throughout the cancer journey by understanding their needs and goals and providing specialized, comprehensive services at the hands of compassionate, dedicated clinicians. Our vision is to establish comprehensive cancer rehabilitation as a standard of care for people affected by cancer.
Our network of 900+ specially trained therapists work closely with oncologists and people affected by cancer to create personalized rehabilitation plans. Utilizing physical, occupational, and speech therapies, ReVital specialists address pain, fatigue, neuropathy, and many other cancer-related side effects with encouragement and compassion. An overwhelming majority of people affected by cancer do not receive treatment for functional impairments. ReVital addresses this gap in care and helps people regain strength, function, independence, and quality of life.
Learn more at www.revitalcancerrehab.com
Interested in this or other opportunities with ReVital? Contact Melissa Thess, PT, CLT - ReVital Director of Talent & People Operations at [email protected] or 717.418.9635.
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the laws that govern how Occupational Therapists may practice and whom Occupational Therapists may supervise.
- Develop objective patient goals and establish the type, frequency, and duration of occupational therapy in collaboration with the referring physician.
- Responsible for supervising and delegating occupational therapy care for each patient within the guidelines of state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrate completion of patient care responsibilities and documentation requirements in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Provide comprehensive and individualized treatment programs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new programs or procedures with the approval of the manager and referring physicians per HIPPA guidelines.
- Enhances, develops, and expands relationships with referral sources and maintains positive interaction with facilities and clients.
- Stay current and up to date with Occupational Therapy research and employ Evidence-Based Practice (RCB, clinician expertise, patient perception).
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Occupational Therapy
- Current State Occupational Therapy licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required
- Licensed clinical experience
- Cancer rehabilitation interest/experience (student rotations considered)
- Outpatient orthopedic experience (student rotations considered)
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.