Physical Therapist - Ortho/Oncology
NovaCare Rehabilitation is seeking an outpatient Physical Therapist (Ortho/Oncology) in Laurel, MD
**LARGE Sign On Bonus and/or Loan Repayment Available**
Our Laurel, Maryland outpatient orthopedic physical therapy center is looking for a FULL TIME compassionate and driven licensed physical therapist (PT) to provide exceptional patient care experiences. We have a large team of clinicians treating a 50/50 mix of general ortho and outpatient neuro (balance, stroke, MS, amputees, etc.). This position also affords the opportunity to serve people affected by cancer as part of NovaCare's ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation program. Strong candidates will have interest/experience in oncology rehab as well. This is a GREAT opportunity for a new graduate seeking mentorship within multiple areas of clinical practice. We treat everyone from pediatrics (school aged) to geriarics with true 1:1 time and reasonable caseload expectations (10).
This is a full time 40 hour work week treating 7a-330p three days a week and two evenings 1030a-7p. No weekends.
Seize the opportunity to join our highly trained and respected ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Program team, who provide rehabilitative services to help improve quality of life for people affected by cancer. Our ReVital team provides the necessary education and training for therapists invested in treating our diverse population, which must be completed within the first 6-12 months of employment. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide quality care to our patients and grow with the nation’s leader in outpatient physical therapy.
This position is eligible for up to a $20k sign on bonus!
Benefits and Incentives (for full-time at 32 hrs+):
- Multiple health plans: PPO and HSA options through BC/BS
- Dental/vision/prescription/disability/supplemental life insurance and more
- Company matching 401(k)
- Indefinite student debt benefit program
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and paid sick time (PST)
- Industrywide unmatched continuing education program with unlimited access to CEU courses, national certifications, and more
- Competitive compensation with annual performance reviews
- NPTE 3-month Prep Course
ReVital is an innovative oncology rehabilitation program offered exclusively by Select Medical. Our mission is to deliver outcomes that matter to our patients throughout the cancer journey by understanding their needs and goals and providing specialized, comprehensive services at the hands of compassionate, dedicated clinicians. Our vision is to establish comprehensive cancer rehabilitation as a standard of care for people affected by cancer.
Our network of 900+ specially trained therapists work closely with oncologists and people affected by cancer to create personalized rehabilitation plans. Utilizing physical, occupational, and speech therapies, ReVital specialists address pain, fatigue, neuropathy, and many other cancer-related side effects with encouragement and compassion. An overwhelming majority of people affected by cancer do not receive treatment for functional impairments. ReVital addresses this gap in care and helps people regain strength, function, independence, and quality of life.
Learn more at www.revitalcancerrehab.com
Interested in this or other opportunities with ReVital? Contact Melissa Thess, PT, CLT - ReVital Director of Talent & People Operations at [email protected] or 717.418.9635.
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager.
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy
- Current State Physical Therapy licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with occasional late or early shifts to accommodate patients
- Interest/experience in cancer rehabilitation
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.