Patient Service Specialist
When patients enter our center in Chelmsford, we want them to have an exceptional experience – starting at the front desk. That’s where you come in. As a patient service specialist, you’ll manage both the patient side and business side of our center. The front desk is your station to be a patient advocate, communicate with individuals via email and phone, manage patient payments and utilize multiple computer programs. Don’t underestimate the impact you can make on every patient’s care experience, even before they leave the waiting room.
Check out the video below for additional insight into the work of our Patient Service Specialists!
- Center Location: Chelmsford, MA
- Type of Employment: Part Time
- Hours: 3 to 4 days; 2-3 until about 8
- Pay range is $15.00/hour+ Based On Experience
We are actively seeking candidates who are adaptable and flexible, patient-centric, exceptional communicators, detail-oriented and team players.
In this role, typical responsibilities include the following:
- Greet new and existing patients as they arrive, register new patients and provide information about what to expect during their visit
- Schedule patient appointments in person or over the phone
- Regular communication with parties including, but not limited to: attorney offices, insurance companies, translation companies, market operational leaders and business development team
- Collect co-pays from patients, manage payer approvals and conduct insurance authorizations and verifications
- Provide patients with pertinent information about their next appointment as they check out
- Respond to requests for information from patients, providers, and coworkers
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, computers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to type 40 words per minute preferred
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Job ID: 261301
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.