Nurse Development Specialist (RN)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Nurse Development Specialist (RN) / Clinical Educator (RN)
Full-Time, Monday - Friday
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Working collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer, you will steer progressive clinical excellence through ongoing mentorship, staff development and staff engagement. You will establish and maintain relationships with college and university nursing leadership to promote clinical rotations and employment opportunities.
- Precept RN interns and new hire RNs.
- Support and facilitate orientation, completion of required classes and ongoing clinical staff development.
- Develop, implement, and revise programs that enhance cost effectiveness and quality patient care.
- Participate in identifying the learning needs of nursing staff.
- Communicate effectively with staff and management regarding educational needs and offerings.
- Assess, plan, and implement programs for staff development to advance and maintain knowledge, critical thinking and skills competency.
- Develop and sustain relationships and presence within local colleges and universities offering nursing degrees to identify and recruit nurses into the program.
- Comply with patient safety and Infection Control Policy and Procedures.
- Develop well-organized and easily understood educational materials for the staff.
- Assist with formulation, implementation, evaluation and revision of standards of patient care.
- Assist with clinical staff in development of practice standards that comply with The Joint Commission standards and applicable state and federal regulations.
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Registered Nurse license in state of employment.
- Recent critical care, step down or telemetry experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of adult instructional methods and theories, learning concepts and evaluation.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to apply a professional nursing code of ethics and professional guidelines to clinical practice.
- Ability to design curricula and programs that reflect sound education principles, incorporate evidence-based practice, & has measurable outcomes.
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Three to five (3-5) years clinical experience with precepting and charge nurse experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Nurse Education preferred.
- CCRN preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.