Patient Service Specialist
Patient Service Specialist
When patients enter our center in Glendale, we want them to have an exceptional experience – starting at the front desk. That’s where you come in. As a patient service specialist, you’ll manage both the patient side and business side of our center. The front desk is your station to be a patient advocate, communicate with individuals via email and phone, manage patient payments and utilize multiple computer programs. Don’t underestimate the impact you can make on every patient’s care experience, even before they leave the waiting room.
- Center Location: 5605 West Eugie Ave. Glendale AZ 85304 Suite 212
- Type of Employment: Full Time
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Starting at $17.50/hour
We are actively seeking candidates who are adaptable and flexible, patient-centric, exceptional communicators, detail-oriented and team players.
In this role, typical responsibilities include the following:
- Greet new and existing patients as they arrive, register new patients and provide information about what to expect during their visit
- Schedule patient appointments in person or over the phone
- Regular communication with parties including, but not limited to: attorney offices, insurance companies, translation companies, market operational leaders and business development team
- Collect co-pays from patients, manage payer approvals and conduct insurance authorizations and verifications
- Provide patients with pertinent information about their next appointment as they check out
- Respond to requests for information from patients, providers, and coworkers
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 Year of Front Desk Experience
- Insurance Verification Experience
- 1 Year of Scheduling Experience
- Health Care Experience
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
Select Medical is the nation’s leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming, positive, and helpful environment. This Patient Service Specialist position goes above and beyond the normal duties of a secretary or receptionist. As an employee at Select Medical, you will have the ability to impact people’s lives in truly meaningful ways every day. We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.