Physical Therapist (PT) / PRN
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Physical Therapist (PT)
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with Select Specialty Hospital Atlantic City!
Select Specialty Hospital Atlantic City is a 30-bed critical illness recovery hospital located on the fifth floor of AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center at the Atlantic City Campus. We treat medically complex patients who require extended hospital care and specialize in ventilator weaning, wound healing, and IV medication management. We use an interdisciplinary approach to help some of the most critical patients stabilize and progress to the next level of care, including acute rehab, subacute rehab, long term care facilities, or home. We employ a team of physicians, physiatrists, nurses, respiratory therapists, rehab therapists, dietitians, and case managers, among others, and each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
At Select Specialty Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Using discretion and independent judgment, you will assist patients and their families in coping with the unpredictability of illness within the context of the hospital environment. You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard, utilizing the below skills:
- Perform initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment by setting goals, developing treatment plans, and assessing progress weekly.
- Review patient labs and consult interdisciplinary team prior to daily treatment sessions.
- Monitor patient's tolerance of treatment and use clinical judgement to modify treatment during sessions, as needed.
- Complete appropriate documentation according to department policies and procedures.
- Participate in departmental, hospital, and community continuing education seminars and in-services.
- Participate in discharge planning for each patient, including placement, patient/family education and adaptive equipment
- Promote patient mobility for all patients, including staff training of safe patient handling recommendations.
- Teach and counsel patients/families.
- Promote continuous quality improvement.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team to solve patient-specific and facility-wide needs.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants, as well as PT and PTA students.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for NJ state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current NJ State licensure (or eligibility for State licensure) required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- 1 year experience in an acute care setting preferred
- Tracheostomy and/or ventilator experience
- Cardiac experience
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.